Well, it has been a month since I last blog here. Been busy kaypo here and there, making friends with the PRC community and encouraging them to join us in the weekly free English lessons, held at the void deck of Block 785.
I was asked to give some consultative ideas about promoting neighbourliness, or how do we encourage people to be good neighbours. It all probably started from the press, that we get to know of a lady, who died alone in a home, where no one knew of her existence till the stench of the corpse lingered ...
One key leader shared that he took 10 years to know his neighbours, year after year, procrastination creeps in and the first step to start introducing to one another became a long shot. How did they break the ice ? Food ....
It reminds me of the place I am staying now. Each year, our neighbours, all 6 of us would gather at the lift lobby area, each preparing a dish or two for steamboat and everyone, big and small would gather and start "gossiping" ... from such incidents, led to us knowing our neighbour better. It helps us go on holidays with ease, knowing that our neighbour will keep a lookout for us.
Maybe I am a kampung boy, privacy is the least of my concern. Being able to have harmonious living and close friendship with our neighbours, makes my house a home.
I was asked to give some consultative ideas about promoting neighbourliness, or how do we encourage people to be good neighbours. It all probably started from the press, that we get to know of a lady, who died alone in a home, where no one knew of her existence till the stench of the corpse lingered ...
One key leader shared that he took 10 years to know his neighbours, year after year, procrastination creeps in and the first step to start introducing to one another became a long shot. How did they break the ice ? Food ....
It reminds me of the place I am staying now. Each year, our neighbours, all 6 of us would gather at the lift lobby area, each preparing a dish or two for steamboat and everyone, big and small would gather and start "gossiping" ... from such incidents, led to us knowing our neighbour better. It helps us go on holidays with ease, knowing that our neighbour will keep a lookout for us.
Maybe I am a kampung boy, privacy is the least of my concern. Being able to have harmonious living and close friendship with our neighbours, makes my house a home.
No comments:
Post a Comment