Monday, November 19, 2007

Innovative vs Creative Activity

I was once asked how does our RC organise innovative activities ? So I ask, how do you define innovative ? The generic answer given is doing things other people never do before .... I shared this activity which our RC have done and I qualify them as "Creative Activity" instead of coining it as "Innovative".

Without a kitchen facility, no RCs is able to organise cooking demonstrations. In 2007, we have done it creatively ... instead of using professional chefs to share their cooking skills and dishes, we network our residents, from the malays, chinese, PRCs and even indians to share their home receipes. Kitchen ? Just at the void deck, 2 tables and a stove and we have conducted 10 sessions in 2007 ... and the regulars are asking more ....

So does this "Creative Activity" qualify as an "Innovative" activity ?

No comments: